How to install Tax Toggle for WooCommerce
Installing the plugin
1) Download the plugin file
2) Install the plugin. The best way to install is to go to your WordPress admin section > Plugins > Add New Plugins section in the WordPress admin and upload the plugin .zip file.
You can also manually install the plugin via FTP or uploading via your web host interface. You can find out more about installing plugins in the WordPress documentation.
3) Once the plugin is installed, Activate the plugin.
4) After activating, the Tax Toggle will automatically display on your site if you have WooCommerce installed and tax rates set. But for it to work properly, you should make sure your tax settings are set correctly.
Tax Toggle Setup
You can find all Tax Toggle settings on the Tax tab of WooCommerce settings. Go to WP Admin > WooCommerce > Settings > Tax.
For Tax Toggle to work properly you must make sure you store is setup to correctly handle tax.
1) Tax Rates and Calculations must be switched on
WP Admin > WooCommerce > Settings > General "Enable tax rates and calculations"
2) Tax Rate must be set
WP Admin > WooCommerce > Settings > Tax > Standard Rates + Insert Row with your Tax info
3) Individual Product must be marked as Taxable
WP Admin > Products > Product > Product Data > Tax Status > Product should be "Taxable"
4) Set your default customer location (this is how the tax is worked out if user is not logged in)
WP Admin > WooCommerce > Settings > General > Default customer location should be "Shop base address" and your shop base address should be filled in
5) Optional: Calculate tax based on "Shop Base Address" (Unless you make all your customers register with their address before browsing or your tax system is not based on your store location)
WP Admin > WooCommerce > Settings > Tax > Calculate tax based on "Shop Base Address"